Curious about the health benefits of Sriracha sauce? By now, sriracha’s magic is well-known and loved by many. It is truly one of the most versatile condiments available today, but did you know though this tangy and spicy Thai sauce does not only possess an exquisite flavor but also holds a number of health benefits? If you’re curious about the health benefits of sriracha sauce, read on. You’ll love sriracha even more!
8 Health Benefits Of Sriracha Sauce You Should Know
1. Boosts Your Metabolism
The red chili pepper is the main ingredient of sriracha sauce. Red chili pepper contains capsaicin that provides the sauce its spicy flavor and is known to help boost metabolism. The capsaicin aids the body in burning calories quickly.
- Contains capsaicin from the red chili pepper
- Capsaicin increases metabolism by 8%
2. Aids In Weight Loss
Is Sriracha good for weight loss? Yes, it is! Capsaicin is also known to be effective in reining in your appetite so you only eat what you need and lessen your calorie intake. Sriracha, just like any other spicy food, can help prevent obesity because it has the ability to reduce the number of fat cells in the body.
- Capsaicin inhibits fat accumulation
- Capsaicin also reduces hunger
3. Makes You Happier
Capsaicin also aids the increase of endorphins in the body. Endorphins are the hormones associated with pleasure, euphoria, and pain relief. Endorphins promote the feeling of bliss and a sense of well-being. So, if your goal is to be happy and stay young and healthy, eating Sriracha every day might simply be the answer!
- Capsaicin releases serotonin
- It enhances mood and memory
- It produces dopamine
- It also gives a sense of pleasure and reward
4. Strengthens Immune System
Both Vitamin A and Vitamin C are also present in chili peppers. They are known to help strengthen the immune system and foster good skin health.
- Peppers are rich in Vitamins A and C
- These help create white blood cells that fight germs
- Peppers also have strong anti-inflammatory effects
5. Lowers Blood Pressure and Cholesterol Levels
Garlic contains amino acids, a sulfur compound, antioxidants, and multiple minerals and vitamins. It also has a chemical substance called allicin. Allicin is responsible for giving garlic its distinct odor and its known health benefits. Research shows garlic is useful in reducing blood pressure levels, and lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- Garlic is another key ingredient of Sriracha
- It lowers cholesterol levels and blood pressure
6. Fights Colds
Spicy foods help relieve congested nasal passages, aid with breathing when suffering from bronchitis, and alleviate flu symptoms. The next time you are battling a cold or fever, grab a bowl of hot soup and drizzle it with sriracha sauce!
- The spiciness of Sriracha acts as an expectorant
- It helps clear mucus from the nose
7. Helps Regulate Blood Sugar Levels
Research shows chili peppers can also help in managing blood sugar levels and even reduce the risk of high insulin levels in the blood.
- Spices stimulate glucose absorption from the small intestine
- Spices help regulate insulin levels
8. Helps Blast Blood Clots
The allicin in garlic and capsaicin in chili peppers are substances that help improve the heart’s health. They help boost the body’s capability to dissolve and diminish blood clots. They also help avoid inflammation which can cause the development of heart disease.
- The combo of garlic and capsaicin is powerful
- They clear away artery-narrowing lipid deposits
- Both are attributed to help dissolve blood clots
Now, these are all good reasons to get behind the sriracha craze! With all these potential health benefits of Sriracha sauce, you won’t think twice about adding an extra dash or two into your dishes.
What are your thoughts about the health benefits of Sriracha sauce? Let us know in the comments section below!