On the lookout for a spicy crockpot mac and cheese recipe? These 3 spicy mac and cheese dishes will leave you wanting more as you wait for your Crockpot to cook your meal. If you’re up for the challenge, try all 3 and tell us which one you loved most!
Spicy Crockpot Mac and Cheese | Tasty Comfort Food
1. Crockpot Bacon Mac and Cheese
It’s never a bad time for bacon! This mac and cheese dish is a great addition to any potluck no matter what the occasion, whether it’s a simple get together with the family or a full-blown barbecue with the whole neighborhood. Some would opt to simply sprinkle the bacon bits on top of the cooked mac and cheese but cooking the bacon and using its fat to toast the diced jalapeño will also make a more flavorful feast.
The secret to cooking this bacon mac and cheese recipe is to use 2 cooking temperatures. Blast it on high for the first 30 minutes and then bring the temperature down to low for the next 2 1/2 hours. Just remember to keep an eye on the 30-minute timer because cooking it too long at a high temperature could burn the edges.
- 6 slices of bacon
- 1-2 jalapenos (seeded and diced)
- 8 oz elbow macaroni
- 12 oz Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 4 oz Monterey Jack cheese (shredded)
- 2 eggs (beaten)
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 tbsps butter (melted)
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 3/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 pepper
1. Fry the bacon in a pan and place it on a paper towel-lined plate. Wait to cool, then crumble or slice the bacon to make them into smaller pieces.
2. Leave 1 tbsp of bacon fat in the pan and throw away the rest. Saute the diced jalapeno in the bacon fat until soft.
3. Prepare the Crockpot with a coat of cooking spray.
4. Place the sauteed jalapenos, bacon bits, and all the remaining ingredients in the Crockpot. Stir.
5. Place the lid on and cook on high for 30 minutes.
6. Reduce the temperature to low for the next 2 1/2 hours.
2. Spicy Crockpot Cauliflower Mac and Cheese
Need a gluten-free option for a comfort food favorite? Why not try this spicy Crockpot cauliflower mac and cheese recipe bound to rock the socks off of vegetarians?
Not a vegetarian but trying to eat healthy? Then be sure to bookmark this link for a “healthier” version of the cheesy and creamy dish. It’s definitely one way to sneak in an extra serving of veggies at the table without letting anyone know about the “eating clean” little secret. The best part is, a heaping plate of seconds will reduce any appearances of guilt since the dish has a lower carb content anyway!
- 1 large cauliflower
- 1/2 stick butter
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapenos (diced)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 2/3 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 dry mustard
- 1/4 tsp paprika
1. Boil lightly salted water in a large pot.
2. Break cauliflower into bite-sized pieces and place in the boiling water.
3. Cook the cauliflower for 5 minutes then remove from heat and drain.
4. Place the cauliflower and the remaining ingredients into the Crockpot. Stir.
5. Cook the cauliflower mac and cheese on high for 2 hours.
6. Allow cooling for 10 minutes before serving.
7. Top with paprika and additional cheese if desired.
3. Buffalo Crockpot Mac and Cheese
Fancy some game day grub, sans meat? This vegetarian buffalo Crockpot mac and cheese packs a punch of flavor, thanks to its buffalo sauce and Habanero Cheddar cheese. This creamy crockpot mac and cheese recipe surely won’t disappoint when it comes to its kick of spice.
Want to reduce the amount of heat in the dish? No worries! Simply swap the Habanero cheese for traditional Cheddar cheese and make sure to choose a more mild buffalo sauce. Remember, when it comes to hot sauces, sometimes a little goes a (very) long way on the heat index.
- 12 oz elbow macaroni
- 2 cans tomatoes with green chilies (diced)
- 16 oz cream cheese (cubed)
- 3 cups Cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1 cup buffalo sauce
1. Place all the ingredients in the crockpot and stir.
2. Place the lid on and cook on low for 1 1/2 hours.
3. Serve and enjoy.
Want another spicy crockpot mac and cheese recipe? Press play in the video below for a jalapeno popper mac and cheese version:
These spicy crockpot mac and cheese dishes are definitely a notch above your usual ready-to-eat comfort foods. This weekend, treat yourself and your taste buds to a more upscale and flavorful version of your favorite food. Rest assured, you’ll never want to eat boxed macaroni and cheese again.
Have any spicy crockpot mac and cheese recipes to share? Tell us in the comments section below!
Up Next: 15 Best Crockpot Recipes With A Kick